ADP

www.adp.com

Rewarding and challenging...all at the same time.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at ADP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong earning potential...amazing trips....great career pathing.

Cons

Different business segments get in their own way around strategy. Just because small business buys in one manner does not mean that Majors or National sized companies will buy in the same fashion.

Keep up the great work...but dont be afraid to allow segments to embrace what has made them great.

Other Reviews for ADP

Worst Internship I have ever had!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Milford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Milford, CT (US)

I worked at ADP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The only thing good about this internship was making $12 an hour plus learning how to deal with rejections. That is all..

Cons

All I was doing the whole time was sitting in front of a phone making phone calls from a list all day long. I would book appointments and management wouldn't even let me go out with the reps to see what it is really like in the field. The only thing I learned from this experience was to never work at the Milford, CT ADP.

Being an intern means to learn something new everyday about the business and the company. I still don't know anything about signing people up for payroll. They lie to all their clients and makes for a very unethical atmosphere.

Learn how to treat your employees with respect and revamp the whole internship program. I wouldn't even consider the internship program as even a program. They just throw you behind a desk with a phone and a list of people. Very unorganized.

Too many politics and too much posturing

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at ADP full-time for more than a year

Pros

ADP has the idea for a great PEO program in place with their TotalSource product. They also offer great benefits.

Cons

Two problems that stand out are operational execution and sales managers that are too busy trying to make a name for themselves versus understanding what assistance their sales people really need from them to sell the product. ADP has been payroll-centric for so long, it seems management knows of no other way to groom their sales force other than trying to make them all clones to the latest and greatest mid-level/senior level managements liking. Management turns over so often and new ideas on how to sell come out every week. As sales reps we actually counted and realized that 3 out of the 5 working days of the week were spent on BS corporate training and other initiatives that had little to do with our day-to-day sales. Managers were not taught how to work with different types of sales reps and management came mostly from highly successful sales people who had little to no true leadership characteristics. ADP probably has close to 100% turnover of sales positions in all divisions year over year and the sad part about it is no one seems to care or ask why.

My advice would be that when you are hiring for your PEO division, you are typically taking a more tenured/skilled person on and you need to allow that person to sell the best way they know how with general guidelines to keep on the same path corporate wants. You would have a much more successful sales organization, with less turnover and a greater satisfaction for those employees.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!