ARAMARK

www.aramark.com
  www.aramark.com
There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK

ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE

Former Employee - Route Delivery Driver in Brentwood, NY (US)
Former Employee - Route Delivery Driver in Brentwood, NY (US)

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

JOB is ok when you are paid hourly, once you go over 40 hrs a week, you get time and a half, which is LAW of course. You can work 70 to 80 hour work weeks.

Cons

Once they put you on a route, it could be a $800 route tops. No more overtime, and let me tell you. You barely if not making any commission on these routes. You barely have time to run in and get everything, and to hear customers constantly complain they are not paying their bills, how are you supposed to sell? its not a sales job, but a dirty service job, period. and guess what, you are still working 70 to 80 hour weeks, but getting paid for 40, and making minimal to nothing on any sort of bonuse or commission....I am glad I took a desk job, and got out of Aramark....i make the same in 40 hours in one spot instead of traveling all over, fighting traffic, and working 70+ hours a week for nothing!!! Dont work here doing Route Deliveries, its a slave job, I am glad I got out!!!

Pay time and a half, like you should by law--working guys to the bone, near death, 70 to 80 hours a week, you think thats legal? Its not a sales job where you could make an extra $2000 a month, wake up ! Poorest management on the planet.....

729 Other Employee Reviews for ARAMARK (View Most Recent)

From the top down

Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Arlington, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at ARAMARK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

no positive news about this company to report.It has good marks when i looked into the company but the B&I side of the business is not well organized.

Cons

very dis-organized,over worked,long hours for little pay.from the top down the management group was rude and not friendly.the company had no idea how to build a team of managers.very frustrating company to work for.

when new accounts are being bid on then you should use subject matter experts for each field.Have team building and training before you launch a team into an account.Many managers have been set up for failure due to poor long and short range planning.The facilities are not equipped well with the proper tools to do an effective job.

What is wrong with this picture

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Millbrook, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Millbrook, NY (US)

I have been working at ARAMARK full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was good, but now I hear they are putting a cap on their pay scale and the benefits are good
    I worked for a private school so we had a lot of down time

Cons

In the first 2 months after I was hired my worked schedule (times that I worked, days off) and my job title changed 7 times.
    Because I worked for a private school when we had down time we had to apply for unemployment which was a hassle.
    The componet that I worked at was very small and most of the kitchen appliances where very out dated and always breaking down.
    When you go out on down time, you are laid off because of lack of work, which really messes with you insurence. When you are out for the summer you are offered Cobra which wants all the money up front to provide you with insurence all summer.

Make sure your supervisors know what they are doing before you bring them in. Allow workers to pay extra during the year if they know they will be out in the summer to cover the insurence. Offer outside training to all your workers not just managment so that they can advance in the company. Have written job descriptions, if you can do it for the components that are union you can do it for those that are not. Tell supervisors that they can not bring someone in give them a title (which in most cases means nothing) and then not let them do the job, that is deceptive hiring practices.

There are newer employer reviews for ARAMARK