AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

AT&T stands for "At This Time" - I learned to be flexible in the face of change and value the skills I had to develop

Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)
Former Employee - Local Service Associate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at AT&T

Pros

The benefits were exceptionally good (medical, dental, vision, mental health, reimbursment accts, and legal); very ethnically diverse workforce, variety of job functions available to more ambitious, responsible workers.

Cons

No transfer within the company for workers from the "old AT&T"; very little opportunity for promotion, constant threat of lay-offs undermined morale, and the union (@ least our local) often picked the wrong battles and frequently conspired with managment @ the expense of the workers

Find a way around the union to reward/promote employee performance over seniority; invest time and thought into promoting center morale

5933 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

it's sales, so it's like a roller coaster.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

great benefits. health, vacations, and 401k. if you work hard and network you can advance in the company pretty quickly.

Cons

change compensation plans to much. Lack of training, and the training that is given is not up to par, and is done to quickly.

Give sales department realistic expectations, and a sales quota in January, not in June. this way your sales team gets paid for their work.

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great benefits, AT&T definitely cares about their employees. Managment is concerned with training employees to get ready for the opportunity to move up. Good compensation for what we do.

Cons

Retail hours are never wonderful, but they come with the territory. Understandably we who are low on the totem pole are the last to find out about launches, etc.

For non-commissioned employees it would be great if the compensation was performance based and not the same for everyone, since not everyone's performance is the same.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T