AT&T

www.att.com
  www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Birmingham, AL (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun to interact with people. rewarded for hardwork. great benefits in every area.

Cons

normal sales pressure but nothing out of the ordinary.

follow a system and stay the course

5844 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

AT&T is not a great place to work anymore.

Current Employee - OSP in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - OSP in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary for people that have been there for more than 10 years. Pension for us but not new hires.

Cons

This company makes billions of dollars in profit yet treats it employees like it is broke and it all comes crashing down to the bottom. Making a big mistake not promoting from within the company. No opportunity to move up in the company. Does not hold people or departments liable for bad work which is rampant. Customer care is at an all time low. If you have a degree you have a job even if you have no knowledge of the field they put you in. But, will not promote someone already employed who have years of knowledge of the job and would be a much better employee for that position. Not a very good and happy environment anymore. Most people with 20-30 years can't wait to leave. Upper management is so out of touch with it's employees it is scary. All we hear everyday is numbers, numbers, numbers. We are made to stand up by a board in the morning and talk about yesterdays numbers and listen to rah rah rah jargon. It is demeaning and ridiculous. It is reminiscent of Romper Room. I am a 50 year old man with 25 years experience not 12 years old. There is a clear voice at AT&T and that is out with the old experience and in with the new inexperienced college kids that are being taken advantage of with underpaying jobs because they don't have much choice.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Soon all the great knowledge held by employees will be gone and AT&T will be left with nothing but bean counters !!!!!! I can't wait to see them keep that network humming along.

Very good company

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than an year)

Pros

+5 weeks vacation
    +multinational environment
    +flexible schedule

Cons

-at the beginning salary may not satisfy lots of people

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T