AT&T

www.att.com
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

sales

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

good company very professional with a good reputation. I worked with some very nice people.

Cons

everything was pretty good, nothing too bad

6493 Other Employee Reviews for AT&T (View Most Recent)

AT&T has no soul. The Devil runs it

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at AT&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I worked in a Sales/call center that made the most sales year after year. The top pay was good but it wasn't worth the stress that came along with it.

Cons

Everything. I watched people get written up for being 10 seconds late to sitting at their desk (not an exaggeration). Grown Men & Women break down and cry at their desks from the pressure and horrible management. Union had no spine, 100% of the employees in this office were hired as customer service for Pac Bell /SBCGlobal and when AT&T came in the picture they forced everyone into a Sales position. They forced people to quit who had amazing customer service but didn't meet sales goals. They fired people that were close to retiring based on sales mishaps. It's unfortunate that so many good people were treated so bad.

You should all hold hands and... Jump off a bridge

AT&T is not a great place to work anymore.

Current Employee - OSP in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - OSP in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary for people that have been there for more than 10 years. Pension for us but not new hires.

Cons

This company makes billions of dollars in profit yet treats it employees like it is broke and it all comes crashing down to the bottom. Making a big mistake not promoting from within the company. No opportunity to move up in the company. Does not hold people or departments liable for bad work which is rampant. Customer care is at an all time low. If you have a degree you have a job even if you have no knowledge of the field they put you in. But, will not promote someone already employed who have years of knowledge of the job and would be a much better employee for that position. Not a very good and happy environment anymore. Most people with 20-30 years can't wait to leave. Upper management is so out of touch with it's employees it is scary. All we hear everyday is numbers, numbers, numbers. We are made to stand up by a board in the morning and talk about yesterdays numbers and listen to rah rah rah jargon. It is demeaning and ridiculous. It is reminiscent of Romper Room. I am a 50 year old man with 25 years experience not 12 years old. There is a clear voice at AT&T and that is out with the old experience and in with the new inexperienced college kids that are being taken advantage of with underpaying jobs because they don't have much choice.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Soon all the great knowledge held by employees will be gone and AT&T will be left with nothing but bean counters !!!!!! I can't wait to see them keep that network humming along.

There are newer employer reviews for AT&T