There are newer employer reviews for ATCO

Compensation is good - but comes at a price

Current Employee - Head Office in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Head Office in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATCO

Pros

Salary and Benefits are the only reasons to work here

Cons

Management is arrogant and pompous.

If you don't put you life on hold for the company you will be looked down upon - zero work life balance.

An incredible amount of politics - especially in the upper management ranks which makes the org. very slow. Prepare to get nothing done.

Old School culture with policies about everything - no creative thinking allowed.

Get with the times

36 Other Employee Reviews for ATCO (View Most Recent)

"A navigational hazard in an ocean of employers"

Former Employee - Accountant in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Accountant in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at ATCO

Pros

The salary and benifits are very competitve

Cons

Work life Balance is definately not a priority. With the high salaries come an expectation that they can call on you 24/7. No boundaries appeared to exist.

Lack of goals or objectives, performance evaluations, and career development programs. In over two years I did not have a set of objectives on which a constructive evaluation could be completed. The attitude of "You shouldn't have to be told if you are doing a good job" seemed to prevail.

Poor leadership from middle management. Many middle managers lacked common sense leadership and people skills. What would have worked on an employee from 20 years ago will not work on today's employees.

Corporate culture is change resistant. "Thats the way that we've always done it" is the battle cry when new ideas arise.

Visible lack of respect for non-professionals or union employees. Senior mangement has created a hostile environment of us vs them rather then fostering a we're in it together spirit.

Read the every exit interview to gain insight on how middle mangement is really doing.

Working hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATCO

Pros

There is always something new to learn. The people are a key reason for my continued career at ATCO.

Cons

The workload is incredible. Recruitment and retention is a key priority for the company but it doesn't make it any easier to hire resources and take some of the pressure off those of us still working here.

Less work, more flexibility.

There are newer employer reviews for ATCO