Nice place to work for a high school-er.

Former Employee - Floor Model  in  Buford, GA (US)
Former Employee - Floor Model in Buford, GA (US)

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time for more than a year

Pros

All the workers become friends and you get 40% off certain items as an employee.

Cons

Cheesy greeting for floor models. Scheduled on days you are unable to.

Other Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Great starting out

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time

Pros

This company has a great program for people just starting out and trying to get in the field. I started out as an MIT. Once I completed the program I was immediately an assistant manager. Less than a year later I got my own store and less than a year from that I am now running the top store in my state. There is not much room to grow after that.

Cons

After you are the store manager of one of the top Abercrombie's in the state you pretty much have to wait forever to get a promotion. There are 2 different routs you can go. Either district manager or home office. For Dustrict manager you generally would have to be in that same top performing store for at least 5 years. For home office they won't recommend you unless you store is perfect. (Never happens) All in all it is a good short time company, not a lifetime career. Ex. They have only had 1 person retire from the company.

Used to love my job, now it is stressful and unenjoyable

Current Employee - Full-Time Stock
    Current Employee - Full-Time Stock

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits. Good pay. Get to meet new people through the work. If you like the clothing, you would like the AAA's. Discounts at full price stores sometimes even up to 50% off.

Cons

Not flexible with hours like they say they are. They only are if you are a part-time employee. There is no trust in the managers because they will take what you say to them and tell the whole entire staff when they are supposed to be "professional." They do not have a certain job description to follow so expect to do everything. If you do no finish your tasks for the night, you will be in trouble. Your job includes marketing, cleaning, shipment, training, filling, go-backs, back stocking, and cash wrap all in a 6 hour shift. They do not give you the proper amount of hours to finish your task so you are constantly stressed over a job not a career. Also you need to buy new AAA's (work clothes) every three months. They are very strict about the look policy. Every three months I was spending up to $200 on work clothes.

Need to be more flexible to other ideas. Also need to respect your employees more. Need to listen to other inputs of employees (even if they are on a lower level of management) Also micro managing everything is aggravating. Professional behavior needs to be worked on. Too much drama is caused because of catty behavior and gossiping about others. Outlets should have set guidelines instead of just what one "thinks" is right.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!