Academy of Art University

www.academyart.edu

Positive experience at the Academy of Art university.

Instructor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThe flexibility of schedule and instructor teaching style. The Academy provides many resources for instructors and students, in regards to lab facility, online resources and knowledgeable staff.

ConsNothing in particular stands out

Advice to Senior ManagementFewer students per class would give students and instructors a better experience. Class sizes tend toward 20 - 25 students. With this number, it can be difficult to give more than 3-7 minutes of critique/ feedback per student assignment, without cutting into course instruction time.

student

I have been working at Academy of Art University

Pros: close to ILM and pixar, have more oppurtunities to have… Cons: tutor is so expensive and too much units. living in… More

It's all about which group you work for

Admissions (Current Employee)

I have been working at Academy of Art University full-time

Pros: Diverse workplace, talented students and instructors to work with, great industry events. Some departments are stable, with responsible, fair, and competent… Cons: Not enough time off. HR policies not uniform across the company. HR dept not there to support or protect employees- only have the backs of… Advice to Senior Management: Admissions and HR only-- Your employees work in a Draconian environment that does not foster growth or positive support. Bravo for hiring so many great… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Academy of Art University.

Worked for Academy of Art University? Contribute to the Community!