Academy of Art University

www.academyart.edu
  www.academyart.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Academy of Art University

Positive experience at the Academy of Art university.

Current Employee - Instructor in San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Instructor in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Academy of Art University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The flexibility of schedule and instructor teaching style. The Academy provides many resources for instructors and students, in regards to lab facility, online resources and knowledgeable staff.

Cons

Nothing in particular stands out

Fewer students per class would give students and instructors a better experience. Class sizes tend toward 20 - 25 students. With this number, it can be difficult to give more than 3-7 minutes of critique/ feedback per student assignment, without cutting into course instruction time.

163 Other Employee Reviews for Academy of Art University (View Most Recent)

student

I have been working at Academy of Art University

Pros

close to ILM and pixar, have more oppurtunities to have a teacher from there

Cons

tutor is so expensive and too much units. living in sf is spending a lot of money

Poor misguided Academy of Art.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Academy of Art University (more than 8 years)

Pros

If it wasn't for the amazing people who work at and attend this school I probably would have stopped beating this dead horse a long time ago. That and the pleasure of being around the artistically minded keep me treading water.

Cons

I can't count the amount of times I've heard an Academy employee talking about how they were lead down the garden path, cheated out of benefits or treated poorly by management. The response is generally "Oh, thats just the Academy way." It seems to be common knowledge that the Academy is a lackluster employer who is more concerned with filling the pockets of the elite than providing a quality work environment or producing quality artists. It's a pity.

You were founded to be a school, to educate and support people as well as a business. But when did the extra buck cause you to sacrifice your moral soul and break the hearts of your employees? Aren't you tired of having no one having anything nice to say?

There are newer employer reviews for Academy of Art University