There are newer employer reviews for Acadia Hospital

dissatisfied employee not treating all nurses as equals

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Bangor, ME (US)
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Bangor, ME (US)

I have been working at Acadia Hospital

Pros

Makind a difference and hopefully trying to help the mentally ill and alcohol/drug addiction

Cons

pay,so/so benifits,not being able to have a union. Not much support or change in dealing with problems

more honesty and response to problems

5 Other Employee Reviews for Acadia Hospital (View Most Recent)

Went there to provide psychiatric `patient care, got mandated into being a revenue collector.

Former Employee - Psychiatrist
    Former Employee - Psychiatrist

I worked at Acadia Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of clinical staff excellent. RNs and Clinicians were very pleased with my empathic, pro-patient care stance, quick response, ability to calm agitated patients and avoid physical restraints, and excellent clinical judgment. Good EMR.

Cons

Upper Level Management valued none of the clinical abilities, expertise, or extra efforts of MDs. HIgh turnover of Psychiatrists and best RNs, leaving less knowledgeable, more collegially disrespectful RNs. Culture marred by mid-level practitioners placed in majority of Upper Management positions, out-ranking and supervising MDs. Emphasis on coding for maximum billing over patient care. Shifts changed without adequate notice. EMR training was adequate only, errors were transmitted with a blaming rather than helpful request to correct them. Solitary Upper Management MD completely at home with mission of reimbursement over best clinical practice, adversarial toward MD staff, nit-picker, but never had a word of moral encouragement. Gender-profiling of women MDs for "corrective
    action." 2 MDs dismissed on flagrantly slanderous, one-sided reporting by staff, with no option for recourse.

The emphasis on reimbursement over patient care is obvious to staff and community. A thorough audit on funds reimbursed to Acadia could be in order, so it might be in order to prepare, and/or be a REAL hospital.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Medication Nurse  in  Bangor, ME (US)
    Former Employee - Medication Nurse in Bangor, ME (US)

I worked at Acadia Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They are a progressive company. I had worked there for twenty years. The company is one of the better ones to work for as far as job security.

Cons

The current CEO is inexperienced at running a psychiatric hospital. I like Dan Coffey very well and he tries very hard to work with the staff. However, psychiatric facilities like Acadia have to always keep the patient in mind. I have had multiple patients complain about the upper level management. The progress recently is making the hospital profitable I believe at the expense of the patients.

Make the patient the number one priority. I worked there many years and have seen a lot of changes. Anyone who has worked there knows that change at Acadia is the only thing that does not change. Sometimes the changes happen before they have thought it through and most times it happens without any input from the people that have worked there and know what has been tried before and did not work.

There are newer employer reviews for Acadia Hospital

Worked for Acadia Hospital? Contribute to the Community!