There are newer employer reviews for Accelrys

18 great years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Accelrys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Terrific people, all committed to making great products. Good scientists, very open atmosphere for discussions etc. Company looks after people quite well, lots of events/things going on. Good mix of scientists and engineers, very young and driven workforce. Very international too.

Cons

Have to find 20 words - not easy. It is a great place!

reviews filtered by

Interesting place for short term work. Don't expect long-term stability.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

I have been working at Accelrys

Pros

Great colleagues, and collegial environment. Interesting product portfolio. Location is good.

Cons

There is a large disconnect between executive management & real issues in workforce.
    The Workplace is under-resourced for the set objectives in all departments. The company has experienced annual redundancies (7 years running) & struggles for profitability. The lack of financial stability leads to limited growth & development opportunities. Annual Salary adjustments do not keep up with inflation. Human resources management is quite poor.

Advice to Management

Develop more open & receptive communication with workforce. Work on focused strategy & reasonable objectives for work force.

2. Rewarding

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Accelrys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive salary. Most of the people are great to work with. Great benefits. Work life balance.

Cons

As most companies, you will find work place politics there and some director's are looking for you to kiss it.

There are newer employer reviews for Accelrys