Addus Healthcare

www.addus.com

not that great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomfield, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ (US)

Pros

Close to home and benefits package is ok.

Cons

Management is incompetent. Corporate office is so blind and people there do not know what is going on the branches. No communication with staff. Don't appriciate staff efforts and role. No salary increases.

Get a new director

Other reviews for Addus Healthcare

Great Job!

Current Employee - Home Care Liaison Nurse  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Home Care Liaison Nurse in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Pros

Management support.
    Company Size.
    Benefits
    Salary

Cons

Smaller Home Care Agency in Las Vegas
    Tons of reports and paperwork
    Micromanagement

None, I'm too new.

I have been with Addus for many years. Seniority counts for nothing here. Raises don't exist!

Current Employee - Home Health Aide  in  Boise, ID (US)
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Boise, ID (US)

Pros

I love taking care of the clients, and offering them the services they need to better their lives. That is the ONLY pro to working here.

Cons

They can't provide full time, or even much part time work to long term employees more often then not. I haven't received a raise in over 5 years now, and they say it is due to Health and Welfare not increasing our pay rates? I am sure that is not the case, not for this long anyway. The supervisors do not do their jobs, the client paperwork in the files is never current, nor do they do the employee evaluations on time(once every 2-3 years) but as there are no raises being given, I guess it doesn't really matter that they ignore that part of their jobs as well, right? There is no holiday pay, even if you work major holidays, it's not even time and a half pay rate. There is no paid vacation, even after 10+ years, and there is no paid sick leave, and worst of all, they do not have any kind of insurance or retirement benefits.

Give yearly raises to the hard working care providers, even if they are only .25 cents a year. Offer insurance, even if there is a co-pay for employees. Pay time and a half for holidays if a care provider works the holiday. Offer 1 paid sick day every 3 months, which seems totally reasonable. Figure out how you can get the office managers to get their supervisors do their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Addus Healthcare.

Worked for Addus Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!