Adknowledge

www.adknowledge.com

Great company to work for and amazing career development opportunities

Pros

- Exposure to just about every discipline of online marketing and Adknowledge excels in all of making this an excellent organization for employees to develop their skills and careers
- Strong teamwork ethic
- Team and individual successes are recognized and very well rewarded
- Good benefits (medical, flexible time-off, free lunches twice a week etc)

Cons

- very fast paced company that is constantly developing in order to remain a leader, this comapny would not be suited to everyone

Other reviews for Adknowledge

A fast-moving company with incredibly bright, driven employees.

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Kansas City, MO (US)

Pros

No matter what department you work in, there will be something new on your plate every single day. Sure, many of your daily duties may stay the same, but the peripheral work that fills out the rest of the day almost always presents a new challenge. This fast-paced culture has greatly developed my work ethic and ability to pivot quickly between often substantial tasks.

The best part of my internship was the learning curve that my department allowed me. While at first my hand was held every time I took on a new project, now that I have been here a few months, I have much more autonomy to tackle challenges largely on my own. The ability to own the projects that I complete has empowered and driven me to work incredibly hard and leaves me satisfied upon every day's completion.

Another huge pro of Adknowledge is the laid-back, "Silicon Valley" culture that exists there. The Kansas City office has no dress code, caters in lunch twice per-week, and has free "Beer Fridges" on Fridays from which employees are welcomed to drink. The open floor plan, which features zero offices, means that as an intern, I am just a few steps away from the CEO's desk. I cannot imagine another company at which I would comfortable randomly approaching the President for his opinion on a project of mine. It's about as "chill" of a corporate environment that one could hope to find.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to maintain focus/structure when accomplishing any long-term tasks when so many side-projects pop up every day. This is truly the nature of the double-edged sword that is digital marketing. The ground is moving so quickly beneath you that it's easy to leave non-essential projects, sometimes even meaningful ones that at one point greatly excited you, completely in the rearview.

Also, meetings can often be derailed by a diffusion of responsibility regarding certain tasks. For instance, it can be frustrating to witness a 10-minute debate between programmers over a small website component at a department-wide meeting. The frustration is twofold: first, the component was probably delegated to just one of the programmers, making the other programmer's opinion extraneous. Secondly, even if a department member wants their opinion heard on another member's separate, niche project, this matter could/should be handled in private, rather than in a department-wide forum wherein more than half of the members don't even understand the conversation.

This problem can be solved by more transparently delegating projects and not allowing department members to co-micromanage one another on supposedly autonomous projects.

To c-level management: Keep doing what you are doing. The recent acquisitions of Giant and TriVu are bringing Adknowledge into the exciting, exploding industry of digital video, which should become ADK's bread and butter moving forward. Everyone at the company genuinely admires and respects both the opinions and personalities of the c-suite. It was truly a fantastic experience to work for such a positive, creative, supportive corporate environment.

To mid-level management: Employees at Adknowledge are incredibly bright-- empower them to do more of their own work without intra-departmental interference. I found myself held up on various projects throughout the summer purely because my latest draft was sitting in the email inbox of a higher-up in chain of command. I realize that corporate chains of command exist for excellent reasons, but I wonder if there is a way to further optimize the efficiency of production by removing some checks and balances during the procedural process of getting a finished project approved.

Modern Meritocracy

Pros

Data-focused decision-making. Fast-moving (product mix changes with needs of the customer). Teammates represent the best of the best.

Cons

Objective measures determine individual, business group and overall organizational success. Culture encourages everyone to be nimble and understand and/or anticipate the needs of their customers, both internal and external.

Keep iterating and expand into new markets. Look within for future leaders. There's a strong pool of talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Adknowledge.

Worked for Adknowledge? Contribute to the Community!