Excellent place to work all around

Current Employee - Computer Scientist  in  San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people -- super smart, friendly, hard working
Great products
Offices are VERY nice (SJ and SF at least)
Employee discount on products is like 90+% (huge discount), and we can hook up friends.
Great other benefits
The right amount of vacation time
Old products shipped to India for maintenance so we can work on cutting edge stuff in the US (this is a good thing!)

Cons

If you work on an old product, Adobe is in the process of rennovating itself, so you might fear layoffs. However even in that case, if you are on top of your game, you'll get rehired by another team before even your last day. If you do get laid off, Adobe gives a 3 month severance, which is huge.

There are a lot of great ideas in the company, and people willing to work on them... stop getting in the way. It takes too many people to make decisions, if you find people that believe in something, empower them instead of putting them through 10 levels of approval. We have some crazy awesome IP here, we can revolutionize the world. With the IP we have, one senior dev can make Instagram in a month.

Other Reviews for Adobe

adobe

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

big company, lots of resources

Cons

big company, contributions can get lost in the noise.

On the whole, A wonderful, challenging and satisfying experience of working at Adobe

I worked at Adobe

Pros

• Being a part of product releases is an experience to have.
    • One gets a chance to develop and hone various skills technical or inter- personal skills.
    • Moving across teams is one advantage if one wants to gain expertise on multiple domains.

Cons

• Hiring white box engineers while not being able to provide them work of that nature most of the times, is a mistake and leads to high attrition.
    • At the same time the QEs who do not have exceptional whitebox skills are not given their due, despite a high workload which obviously needs to be completed for a release.

• There can be special roles built for women employees especially working mothers depending on their skill sets and remuneration could be adjustable as per their contribution and responsibilities. They are the ones who stay longer with the company given the chance. Working mothers need to have some degree of flexibility like the provision of working from home in a controlled manner.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!