OK

I have been working at Advanstar

Pros

Good Pay; time off; a lot of travel, changing all the time but might not tell you what it is

Cons

too much drama. not enough management communication - treated like children with everyone watching everything that you do - no room for advancement

Advice to Management

Communicate better to your employees so that they may feel like they are a part of the company; give more opportunities for growth

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall fun company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Advanstar

Pros

Casual work environment. Balance between work and personal life.

Cons

Advanstar does not give good raises. Very very low for some of the best performers. Advanstar does not cherish their employees. Its about the numbers not the people behind the numbers. Advanstar has no room for advancement and frowns upon individuals who request more.

Advice to Management

Advanstar needs to pay more attention to its employees. If Advanstar made it a point to make room for advancement and reward their employees with bonuses and salary raises productivity may improve. However, I feel Advanstar is clearly taking advantage of the current recession. You can see this with how they pay their employees and how they pay their vendors. As slow and as little as possible in order to make the bottom line more bigger.

2. Change for Change sake

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

I have been working at Advanstar

Pros

Work Life balance is generally good. Office is bright and clean. People are generally nice to work with and are passionate about the products they work on.

Cons

Lack of communication from leadership/senior management. Lack of a mission. Always fearful your position/job is in jeopardy. Constant use of permanent temps covering for those who have left for more secure employment.

Advice to Management

more communication about the mission and a better sense about job security would enable more creativity and risk taking.