Advantage Sales and Marketing

www.asmnet.com
  www.asmnet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Good company if you have little or no ambition.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Simi Valley, CA (US)
Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Simi Valley, CA (US)

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedules, not micro-managed, nice driving allowance.

Cons

More work than time, repetitive work assignments, low pay.

Create more ways for sales reps to earn additional income.

797 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

Used to be great, Not so much now

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Weekends off for my particular position, that's about it now

Cons

Constantly changing how they do things and never get a straight answer if you have a question or the answer is different from each person you ask. Tons of boxes sent to your home for merchandising instead sending to the stores, cut car allowances to nothing, payroll takes weeks to correct a problem or even answer you for that matter, some divisions face lay offs every year and then they hire a bunch of newbs for less pay. No support, seems to be no chance of moving ahead, raises are non existent, I could go on and on. I only stay because my particular job is always a guaranteed 40hours a week and I do get weekends/nights off.

Listen to the people out in the field, stop treating our homes and cars as warehouses for company materials. Setting unrealistic goals do nothing for morale, realize that gas is almost 4.00 a gallon. Also stop changing job duties every 6 months, I liked what I was doing 5 years ago (merchandising) but now it feels like we just "sell in" cheap cardboard displays by the million and for the company it's never enough. Not what I signed up for...

Good weekend or part-time job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, MN (US)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you're a people-person this job is superb. Talk to lots of people, make food, hand out food to the people you talk to. You have the option of taking dental and health insurance, but the best benefits are the unofficial ones, i.e. free lunch as long as you're discreet.

Cons

You don't get a whole lot of hours per week; some months you barely get any, some months you get a lot. Standing for a long time can be a pain, but your legs adjust after a while. At my place of work, they give us mats to stand on too.

Good job!