Aetna
www.aetna.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Not bad. Much improvement possible.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hartford, CT (US)

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are many different employment opportunities available. Work at home options are great. Great 401k match. Casual environment. The CEO implements an open-minded attitude. Workers are friendly, and teams tend to have a family-like feel to them.

ConsThe salaries at Aetna tend to be low, unless you are in management. Their business strategy seems to have been to offer early retirement to the experienced workers, and snag those struggling in the tough economy at a low salary. The low salaries cause a poor turnover rate, and this hurts teams that have jobs with steep learning curves. Communication between teams is poor. There are many occurrences of inefficiencies that cause resources to be poorly managed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less stingy with employees that bring great value to you.

it's okay.

I have been working at Aetna

Pros: typical big company with a lot of people............ Cons: typical big company with a lot of people More

Great place to grow your career!!!

I have been working at Aetna full-time for more than a year

Pros: There are plenty of benefits to choose from while working at Aetna. These are my favorites: yearly bonus potential and ample PTO. They also offer… Cons: We are only offered a choice between 2 high deductible… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to solicit feedback and utilize this information to make… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Aetna.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aetna CEO Mark T. Bertolini. All reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees.