Airgas
www.airgas.com Radnor, PA 5000+ Employees

Overall, a good place to work. Some positions/advancements are only available to members of the "Clique".

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Airgas

ProsGood work environment. People I work with take pride in their work, and doing a good job for the customers. Good work will be noticed by upper management, but they won't always acknowledge your good work unless 'pushed to' by others. Able to try new ideas for getting the job done better, and, as long as you've run it through the chain of command first, will get backing and recognition for a job well done when it works.
The new SAP based computer system will bring customer service into the 21st Century.

ConsToo many "layers" of management. Too many people allowed to perfom at a sub-standard level because they are "buddies" with an AVP or ABOC. Some are treated like royalty because they scored some big customer or big project long ago; when asked to do their job now, they try to pawn it off on others to do their bidding, and if you don't do it soon enough, they whine to middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of Radnor, and come see us in the trenches. We are the ones making/keeping this company strong. Do not limit pay raises to crumbs, give people what their worth if you want to keep the good people. Trim some of the inefficient dead weight from middle management. You have too many layers of too many people performing the same tasks. You have us generate reports, to have people read them to generate more reports that go no where but in a filing cabinet to be looked at months after they would have done any good.
LISTEN to the people,the drivers, that go see YOUR/OUR customers. You say they are the "face of Airgas" that the customers see, but management does not listen to them because they are just truck drivers (a dime a dozen group, who can do nothing but drive a truck).

More often than not it's frustrating to work at Airgas, very little support.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Airgas

Pros: Great Insurance, and you meet some of the greatest people… Cons: Middle Management gives no support or recognition to employee's that do a great job. Maybe if they would, it may result in more sales and… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Train current managers to support employees not belittle them in front of other employees/customers. 2. Supply Account Managers with sales tools such as Laptops… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Place to work if you need a job

AP Processor (Former Employee)
Independence, OH (US)

I worked at Airgas

Pros: Growing company, many job openings Cons: Poor Management and very low pay compared to the average salaries for this same type of position in ohio and nationwide. Management not fully… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people for what they are worth and stop trying… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Airgas.

Worked for Airgas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Airgas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Airgas CEO Peter McCausland. All reviews posted anonymously by Airgas employees.