There are newer employer reviews for Airgas

Good entry-level job.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Airgas

Pros

The incentives, bonuses, and benefits are great.

Cons

Too many people in one area.

Advice to Management

The vendor contests are a great way to keep things running efficiently.

reviews filtered by

Airgas is a great company to work for, I am proud to work in this industry and with a company that offers so much.

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES

I have been working at Airgas

Pros

Airgas is a good company with diverse product base able to serve a large customer base. Nation wide company with room for advancement and opportunities offering competitive pay and benifits. If you work hard for them they will give you a chance to grow in the company. I love my job and feel I am treated fairly and I have respect for my management team.

Cons

There are issues when working within a large company, there are departments that handle issues and functions that you need to rely on to do your job. There are any people to answer to and focus on sales and performance..

Advice to Management

Positive reinforcement goes a long way, even though we are a large company with all the overhead to manage it, there are thousands of drivers, counter sales, branch associates that face customers daily, with a positive attitude and communication from the top, it will project through the employees right to the customers.

Good pay lousy medical

Current Employee - Driver in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Driver in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Airgas

Pros

$16.50 starting pay is good, So much OT that you hide from it. Averaged 55 hours a week

Cons

Your medical will cost you $230.00 every 2 weeks and it is below average at that. You will get hurt just a matter of time.

Advice to Management

Spend some money on the facilites it looks like Russia 30 years ago.

There are newer employer reviews for Airgas