There are newer employer reviews for Akzo Nobel Worldwide

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Akzo Nobel Worldwide

Pros

Good management in place; they have a plan and are focusing on the customer again. Reps are given autonomy to run their territories.

Cons

Still going through some restructuring, so job security may not be what you'd like. Pay stagnated for a while while restructuring has taken place.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees are kept up to date on furture plans for the business. Everyone hates to be kept guessing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Akzo Nobel: An OK place to work.

I worked at Akzo Nobel Worldwide

Pros

The amount of work was plentiful. The salary was OK. The benefits were exceptional. The management was supportive but they were over bearing.

Cons

Priorities changed constantly, so it was difficult to maintain a steady pace on a project. I felt that upper management had a master plan to influence middle management to berate employees.

Advice to Management

Safety is more important than productivity. Management was too stern and rigid that produced fear instead of respect from the employees.

2. Working for Akzonobel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA (US)

I have been working at Akzo Nobel Worldwide

Pros

They have a great benefits package. They have lots of tools in place to help you succeed. They are the largest Coating and Chemical Company in the world.

Cons

The leaders of the company do massive emailing to everyone in the company and never get out in the field. It would be more beneficial to get from behind the desk and out into the field. It was formerly known as ICI and they are trying to rebrand with no advertising. This is hard to do without advertising.

Advice to Management

Need to invest in advertising. Also, need to expand who you are going after. Told not to go after little painters. Only want to go after really big contractors. But also want to protect margins. Can not get margins from big guys.