Alcatel-Lucent
3.2 of 5 1,151 reviews
www.alcatel-lucent.com Paris, France 5000+ Employees

Used to be a great company & industry. Telecom bubble burst & cheaper competition has taken its toll !

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Murray Hill, NJ (US)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits package, proud heritage - Bell Labs, great team & flexible schedule, still has the innovation humming but on a back burner.

ConsCheaper overseas competition & foreign government supported companies has taken its toll on the business. The North American & European economic struggles are certainly not helping. The industry & company continues to struggle ever since the telecom bubble burst in early 2000s.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe number of employees left is the lowest it can go. Invest heavily in the next generation changing technology and own & protect it- innovation is the key to break out of the downward spiral OR acquire enterprise business competitor OR sell the enterprise business.

Telecommunications Engineer, Developer, Security Consultant

MTS1 (Former Employee)
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Open environment promoting innovation & learning Cons: hike normalization was a demorilzing Advice to Senior Management: get rid of hike normalization & reward innovation Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It was a cool work culture

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for less than a year

Pros: they are giving work from home option no work pressure Cons: they are not giving good hike Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alcatel-Lucent.

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcatel-Lucent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alcatel-Lucent CEO Michel Combes. All reviews posted anonymously by Alcatel-Lucent employees.