Alcatel-Lucent
3.2 of 5 1,156 reviews
www.alcatel-lucent.com Paris, France 5000+ Employees

Research engineer at Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs

Research Engineer (Former Employee)
Paris (France)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery interesting research environment, I participated to lots of international projects, which is very stimulating. We have the ability to work for many subjects. International working environment with lots of colleagues and partners from different countries.

ConsThings for Alcatel-Lucent are not going very well today. Bell Labs is a bit preserved in the storm, but it may not last several years like that! The futur of Bell Labs may be uncertain...

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management should have a more precise vision of the orientation the research should take.

Good place to work

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Salary is OK compared with the work load. Cons: There is ont any discriminations whether you are woking well… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I've learned a lot, but not always in the best possible conditions. It is always to tight schedule, feeling behind.

Test Engineer (Current Employee)
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Technical diversity, Good benefits, Good environment Cons: Usually stress/pressure from management, mostly goal oriented. Management never cares for people needs,… Advice to Senior Management: Treat people more humanly! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alcatel-Lucent.

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcatel-Lucent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alcatel-Lucent CEO Michel Combes. All reviews posted anonymously by Alcatel-Lucent employees.