Allstate

www.allstate.com
  www.allstate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Allstate

Allstate Insurance. Great work environment

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Great job, great management, great office

Cons

No room for growth or advancement

1350 Other Employee Reviews for Allstate (View Most Recent)

Most stressful years of my life

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rochester, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Rochester, NY (US)

I worked at Allstate full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I started the people who worked there were of very high quality character and were very professional. The training wasn't bad for a company of its size. Good amount of vacation time.

Cons

The work was the most stressful job I've ever had. It's bad enough to deal with angry people on the phone all day, but to be constantly held to unrealistic measurements internally and generally treated like a number by management just put it over the top as unbearable. Long hours because they do not keep the offices properly staffed for the amount of work that comes in. If you tried to discuss ways to make the company better, you could be sure to hear "If you don't like it here you're free to leave anytime". Glad I took that advice.

I was a good employee, I won the distinguished performance award a couple times. Even I felt like I wasn't appreciated because of the horrible way many of my coworkers were treated by management above the local office. Forcing out good workers because they made too much money and replacing them with seemingly anyone who applied was enough proof that no matter how good I was doing, my time would come and I'd be treated the same way.

Step one, get out of claims.

I have been working at Allstate full-time

Pros

Good workplace, the building I work at has a nice cafeteria and there is a gym in the building next to mine.

Cons

Apparently if you work in catastrophe claims you can't move up unless you have been here for a year which I feel is unecessary and is driving employees like me to go work else where!

Too much politics.. same as any other big company.

There are newer employer reviews for Allstate