Amazon.com

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Amazing culture

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The management is amazing and the internship experience is equally amazing. I have learned more at the company in 3 months than I did in my entire degree in college.

Cons

The job is in Seattle and as everyone knows, the weather there isn't amazing. Also not a big fan of the city.

4389 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

good place to work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

smart people enjoy the work and less smart people complain the work, it's a place that makes you grow up.

Cons

on-call policy really makes people stressful and so far didn't hear there's any reward for on-call guys.

Interesting projects, but workaholic atmosphere and lots of bureacracy.

Former Intern - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Intern - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

You're surrounded by smart people who have a passion for their jobs. Depending on your team, there's a good chance you'll be working on a really interesting and important project. No dress code or set schedule, of course. High compensation.

Cons

Be prepared to feel bad about yourself for every minute you're not actively working. In addition, Amazon is a giant company, and nothing gets done very quickly. The bureaucracy is enormous and unwieldy. Probably one of the biggest problems can be summed up in Amazon's central tenet: frugality. It's all very well not to spend money unnecessarily, but what kind of corporate culture does "frugality" create? A nonexistent one. There are no fun and quirky activities, no interesting benefits, and no unifying sense of belonging together; it simply feels like a large, impersonal company. I'm glad I worked at Amazon, but I never felt proud to be part of any kind of Amazon family.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com