Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Software Development Engineer

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsInteresting and challenging problems to solve, good mobility, plenty of opportunity to improve and challenge yourself. Amazon is "a tech company that just happens to do e-commerce", and so developers are first class citizens and the business revolves around delivering technology.

ConsThe fast environment can lead to high pressure that is not for everyone, and higher turnover means less people which means more pressure (but also more opportunity).

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter sprint and project planning tools would help us be more productive.

Worst job I had

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: You have chance to learn new things Cons: Amazon is a good place for young people but not… More

so far so good

Research Scientist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: amazon is a growing company with many interesting problems. the… Cons: pay-wise is ok but not great. one leadership principle of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!