Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Very mixed range of skillset, experience, and intelligence

Software Development Engineer I (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

Pros- The smart ones are some of the smartest teammates you will ever have
- You WILL learn a lot
- you get paid like a boss coming right out of school

Cons- The dumb ones are some of the dumbest people you will encounter (and may drag you down with them)
- Every once a while, you may be put on a nasty project. sometimes by yourself. sometimes without any help, but they have expectations that you'll finish. early.
- you will have to wear a pager and be on call some time (some teams have light schedules, with one week per every 4 months, but some teams make you go on call one of every 3 weeks)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let someone be a manager just because they have been there for 10+ years. if they're not fit, it's time to recognize that and either add someone else or just swap him. Horrible Management means capped creativity (which kills a product innovation team)

Work is a four letter word at Amazon.

Buyer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Innovative and creative, Amazon pushes the boundaries of e-tailing. Cons: They will work you like a dog. Get ready for long hours, weekends and a work life balance that will be throw off your social… Advice to Senior Management: You will continue to see high turnover as long as the current structure exists. Lack… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros: You will work with smart people. Cons: Can be hard to move up Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!