Doing the same tedious work over and over.

Former Employee - Labor  in  Covington, KY (US)
Former Employee - Labor in Covington, KY (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy quick hiring process. And for that it does pay better then most quick hire jobs. Easy to learn operations and decent work out.

Cons

Hard labor and working with the dumbest people ever. After making a suggestion I was told just to do what I'm told because this is like "slave labor".

Improve training process for new employees so that they can learn multiple jobs. Thus making days seem more interesting because one wouldn't be doing the same thing over and over. Maybe this would help retain good workers.

Other Reviews for Amazon.com

Sales Manager

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Recruiters are polite, thorough, very organized. Schedule phone screenings and any additional phone interviews as needed. You are given sufficient time to ask and/or email all questions and I found HR to be quite helpful in the early stages. It is a lengthy process , however they are clear about this upfront.

Cons

Mid Managers are not impressive. Don't like to be questioned or challeneged. For the most part , the are not "experts" in their fields and designated markets. I was actually surprised as to how little experience middle to upper management had in certain departments, given the amount of interviewing and screening required before one is even made an offer to join a team. That said, certain areas are definitely better places to work than others. Not a fan of the sales leadership/division and do not recommend working there.

If you expect the best from people you hire, you should in turn provide the best management and leadership possible. Lead by example.

Great for people without college

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

3 days off per week

Cons

Communication very poor
    very young managers
    do not promote from within as much as they could
    Feel like cattle being herded
    Some managers treat hourly workers like children and with disrespect
    I am a college graduate and tried move up but their communication and interview processes were so poorly run that I left and much happier at company where I am respected and valued

The training is a joke
    Managers need more mentoring (young and old) not just those right out of collegE
    Procedural changes n red to be better communicated

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!