Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Was better before all the changes

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Grand Forks, ND (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative III in Grand Forks, ND (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and relaxed environment. Pay and benefits are great, hard to find another job that meets what they offer in this area. Work from Home opportunities

Cons

*Training needs to be changed. When I first started training was in depth and I hit the floor knowing what I was doing. With the past few positions I've taken, training has been minimal and I feel completely unprepared for the job at hand.

* Work from home staff gets forgotten and left out of on site functions.

* Monthly internet allowance of $25 doesn't cover half of my internet or phone bill.

* Leadership needs to be available more often and monitor the team members available time

* Huge amount of favoritism

* Under appreciated

* Company is micro-managed and has grown a lot faster than it seems can be handled at times

Pay attention to your team. Make sure people are in avail when they should be and treat everyone on the team fairly. Don't offer special treatment to people or single out others just because you're buddies with them. This leaves workers on the phones short handed and feeling angry towards their leadership. Offer more to Work From Home. This is a large part of your company in Grand Forks, make sure we feel appreciated.

4136 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Stealing their way to the top - one overpriced book at a time

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fast paced, fun, 4 day week, new and improved onsite coaching, weekly pay, paid training

Cons

bell model based land grabbers with lacking personality skills, even if you work hard and know you are working hard, HR will make it their responsibility to find you a position where you can
    struggle so they can follow company model of keeping the majority of their employees off the books. great for a young person. still in conflict over their original lease agreement since day one.
    unable or unwilling to pay corporate debts to original investors.

smile, you have a job

Joined with high hopes, couldn't keep up my spirit for long

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Compensation
    Opportunity to work on great open source technologies
    Leadership Principles (only if you team believes in them)
    You can disagree with you manager

Cons

Your manager can not disagree with his manager and hence you have to do whatever your manager's manager asks you to do.
    Very poor work life balance.
    Working for long hours is not considered to be a stretch but as an expected contribution.
    If you are unlucky enough to have a weak manager, you would be eclipsed by the whims of your senior manager.

Try to understand the feasibility of any initiative before forcing it over your subordinates.
    Be practical, not egoistic.
    Be open to ideas even if they are against your strongest convictions.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com