Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Positive Change

Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Shepherdsville, KY (US)
Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Shepherdsville, KY (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I appreciate their focus and structure. It seems to me to be a very effective company. We've just recently begun making the transition to an Amazon run fulfillment center and the positive changes are already apparent.

Cons

Any negative thing I would have to offer is in regards to the transition and that is not a fair assessment of other facilities.

3947 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Highly satisfied

Current Employee - SME in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - SME in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-opportunity for growth
    -huge organization
    -motivating work atmosphere
    -focus on automation

Cons

none so far. Satisfied and happy

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Current Employee - Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! in Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Package WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats)
    Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

Cons

The tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket
    The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient)
    Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic)
    The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Practice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com