Operations manager

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Greenville, SC (US)
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Greenville, SC (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, great pay, can be a lot of fun, great place to lose weight, outstanding training! Love Jeff Besos!

Cons

Extremely long hours, lack of care and empathy for hourly associates by senior leaders at local facility, all about numbers (felt like a slave driver), low regard for former military members at the local level, little to no loyalty to anyone or anything (with the exception of production numbers).

Advice to Management

Get rid of General Managers who never show up during off shifts to observe the challenges of night shift personnel. Additionally, senior General Managers must attend and learn ACES.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very mixed range of skillset, experience, and intelligence

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The smart ones are some of the smartest teammates you will ever have - You WILL learn a lot - you get paid like a boss coming right out of school

Cons

- The dumb ones are some of the dumbest people you will encounter (and may drag you down with them) - Every once a while, you may be put on a nasty project. sometimes by yourself. sometimes without any help, but they have expectations that you'll finish. early. - you will have to wear a pager and be on call some time (some teams have light schedules, with one week per every 4 months, but some teams make you go on call one of every 3 weeks)

Advice to Management

Don't let someone be a manager just because they have been there for 10+ years. if they're not fit, it's time to recognize that and either add someone else or just swap him. Horrible Management means capped creativity (which kills a product innovation team)

2. Highly satisfied

Current Employee - SME in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - SME in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-opportunity for growth -huge organization -motivating work atmosphere -focus on automation

Cons

none so far. Satisfied and happy