Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Working in the Fulfillment Center

Trainer (Current Employee) West Columbia, SC (US)

ProsThere will always be work for you to do and you have the opportunity to learn different process paths if your area is slow.

ConsPeople are treated like machines and numbers take precedent to anything else rather than customer obsession as the company claims. I find that operations and management are consistently inconsistent. I understand CAE 1 is a start up building but it should over the hump by now. Training is offered but managers are so number driven to where they won't even allow associates to complete their full training so they can hurry to get them on the floor to make a million mistakes, SMH.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage people effectively and goals will be met. Too much cut throat, dog eat dog atmosphere in the fc's but there is always room for improvement. A college degree DOES NOT make you an automatic manager, need to scrap that philosophy very quickly.

Very heavy workload without much reward (Fulfillment Center)

Production Assistant (Tier III) (Current Employee) Breinigsville, PA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: challenging environment- good place to really grow as an employee great… Cons: changing and conflicting job expectations extremely heavy workloads low pay caps in… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more opportunities for the talented employees you have. Investing in the tier 3 employees that carry… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fine company

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fast moving, aggressive road map and interesting projects Cons: workload is high, compensation is no longer very competitive More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!