Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,789 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Worst work life balance

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood place to start your career right after college, Good job profile, smart co-workers.

ConsToo much politics, overwhelming work, no work life balance, extra burden of oncall which doesn't count into your weekly accomplish task, its like a side job that you have to take care without delaying your other tasks and projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to exercise better judgement while allocation projects and define precise deadline since a person can work at max 12 hours in a day daily.

Working in the Fulfillment Center

Trainer (Current Employee)
West Columbia, SC (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: There will always be work for you to do and you have… Cons: People are treated like machines and numbers take precedent to anything else rather than customer obsession as the company claims. I find that operations… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to manage people effectively and goals will be met. Too much cut throat, dog eat dog atmosphere in the fc's but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fine company

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fast moving, aggressive road map and interesting projects Cons: workload is high, compensation is no longer very competitive More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.