There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

amazon web service intern

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

Great environment. Grow fast. Perfect for fresh grads

Cons

No cons in my intern

3507 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Putting people through the wringer

Current Employee - Content Editor  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Content Editor in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are good and there are lots of opportunities for career development. Casual work environment.

Cons

Work/life balance is nonexistent. Workload is constantly ratcheted up without adequate support. Salaries are just average. Vast, bureaucratic organization includes a lot of careerists acting in nobody's interest but their own - lots of defending turf.

There is a reason so many Amazon employees burn out after two or three years. Workload demands are simply not realistic. I'm tired of losing co-workers to places like Microsoft, where they can make just as much money and have evenings and weekends to themselves.

Chaotic culture. Panic and burn out yourself.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

- Good Salary. Thats all. But you need to sacrifice many other things on the cost of that.

Cons

- I wonder how so many people have given such a good rating. Yes, if work is the only thing in your life, this may be the place for you.
    - Quality of work is extremely bad. Its all about coordinating with other teams and getting things done. You will hardly get to use your creativity.
    - There is panic and chaos all around. No office culture. People shouting, listening music on high volumes.
    - Situation at Chennai is more bad. Very bad facilities. Non-ethical place.
    - People just come here for a brand name and start contemplating for a change within few months.
    - Freshers may still sustain. But extremely bad for people who have come from a company with decent work culture.
    - Have a long list of negatives. But I hope this much should be enough for prospective employees to take a decision.

Amazon is growing very rapidly. But the culture is not sustainable in a long term. Needs a big change.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!