Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Amazon's the world's largest non-profit startup

ProsAlmost everyone at Amazon is very talented, and the culture that Amazon explicitly values is positively unique among other megacorporations. The company is pretty generous with stock grants, though they tend to have protracted vesting schedules (could hardly be more so).

ConsWhat you've heard about pagers is true. Amazon is frugal to a fault, and most technical roles involve at least some portion of after-hours on-call operational support, no matter how talented you think you are. AWS is something of an exception; that org has more outsourced support teams to help with some of the more established service issues. Negotiate on the way in because, like many companies, annual compensation increases are modest at best. The company also has a very bad habit of buying the cheapest possible laptops for even its technical employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoiding attrition by valuing your contributors is important! Small things can matter a lot more than they cost. Even young people need work/life balance for long-term success, and people at any age need to sleep uninterrupted most of the time.

Hard but fun working place

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy job, good pay, tons of opportunity for overtime Cons: not much chance to move up in the company unless… Advice to Senior Management: Don't throw the book at people if they have one… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Grow in your career quickly

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: You have to face the pressure at times when needed and you will get benefited for… Cons: Some part of the year you may not have personal… Advice to Senior Management: As of now I don't have specific advice for the management but keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!