American Airlines

www.aa.com

Project Manager

Project Manager (Former Employee) DFW, TX (US)

ProsGreat pay, they have a lot of company recognized holidays

ConsI don't think AA is comfortable with contractors. They keep you at a distance, and they make an effort to let you know that you are not an employee. As a result, it's difficult to do your work that requires collaboration with others.
Also, they are not a progressive company due to the older age of employees, averaging 20-30+ years of service. Most of the managers are former flight attendants who were promoted within, therefore they don't understand the flow of other progressive companies and of course the benefits of employing contractors who bring a higher level of expertise.
AA is very political, they have too many levels of management which makes it difficult to get approvals for projects.
Finally, HQ buildings are very dated. They do not have updated break rooms, coffee and filtered water is not provided by the company, you have to join coffee and water clubs or bring your own.
Overall, I did not have a good experience and will not return.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove some of the levels of management. Encourage creativity and embrace contractors who bring expertise to your organization.

Once great, not so much anymore!

International Flight Purser (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Travel used to be a great benefit, now you have to fight to get on an airplane.… Cons: After the mismanagement of our current senior management which has lead to bankruptcy,… Advice to Senior Management: What you are doing is completely wrong, please try to find those who love the airline business and want to help… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Can be fun if you don't mind working for a risky company

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: * Airline industry is interesting * So many areas of the business need improvement,… Cons: * Probably 80% of the employees are there for the flight benefits so management does not put in enough effort to retain its employees… Advice to Senior Management: Running a big company must be very difficult. There's no way you can make everybody happy. I guess… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Airlines.

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!