American Express
3.6 of 5 1,587 reviews
www.americanexpress.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Outstanding company and exceptional benefits, with an outstanding salary base.

Travel Counselor (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at American Express

ProsAutonomy, accountability, financial rewards, benefits, company recognition, bonuses, satellite offices, on sight agents, worldwide opportunities, corporate name recognition.

ConsNo travel benefits and stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease employee incentives through financial renumeration as opposed to punishment for not following guidelines. Use positive reinforcement as opposed to negative. Do not allow agents who leave to retain their seniority if American Express purchases the travel agency they went to at the expense of the American Express agents who are loyal to American Express.

Great brand to work with

Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at American Express

Pros: Great brand and a good company to start your career Cons: Low pay and a little slow due to its size More

A wonderful work atmosphere.

Customer Care Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at American Express

Pros: Great pay and great benefits. The incentives are great as… Cons: Majority of the team leaders are lazy, butt kissers, who… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Express.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Express CEO Ken Chenault. All reviews posted anonymously by American Express employees.