1935 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Great people with focus on career deveopment

Former Employee - Analyst  in  New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I worked at American Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are the top asset of the company. Great career development. Tangible review process to help with your development (if you take is seriously). Lots of opportunity for movement. Can get involved in networks/clubs outside of your job to expand your perspective or skills. Many opportunity to learn about different areas of the business.

Cons

Hard to get promoted ahead of "HR guided schedule" at the junior levels. Inconsistencies across different organizations. Slow/Frustrating technology.

Other Reviews for American Express

Good organization to work, plus a great brand name on your resume!!

Former Employee - Channel Head
    Former Employee - Channel Head

I worked at American Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Brand, excellent employee centric policies, great values & principles, decent benefits for employees.

Cons

lots of strategic changes in direction within short periods. flat structure, less opportunity to grow.

Transformational

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at American Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

American Express has a keen focus on development: personal, team, technology, company, and world development. With a passion for excellence, a true pursuit of integrity, and a collaborative spirit, my company is increasingly becoming a superior firm that I can proudly support. Leadership is strong and opportunities abound.

Cons

American Express has many opportunities for process improvement, mostly in the realm of establishing lean, balanced processes. With a tendency toward a heavy process, my company's renewed vision for optimization and flawless execution will strike a positive balance of efficiency. For me, process improvement (and the associated change management) is both fun and intuitive. Thus, this drawback is actually an exciting challenge for me.

Continue to cultivate a strong sense of what is right morally and organizationally. Respectfully, firmly challenge directives if you perceive potential deficiency or danger. Maintain long-term mindsets, keeping a practical awareness of short-term necessities.

There are newer employer reviews for American Express.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!