American Express

www.americanexpress.com

Transformational

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsAmerican Express has a keen focus on development: personal, team, technology, company, and world development. With a passion for excellence, a true pursuit of integrity, and a collaborative spirit, my company is increasingly becoming a superior firm that I can proudly support. Leadership is strong and opportunities abound.

ConsAmerican Express has many opportunities for process improvement, mostly in the realm of establishing lean, balanced processes. With a tendency toward a heavy process, my company's renewed vision for optimization and flawless execution will strike a positive balance of efficiency. For me, process improvement (and the associated change management) is both fun and intuitive. Thus, this drawback is actually an exciting challenge for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to cultivate a strong sense of what is right morally and organizationally. Respectfully, firmly challenge directives if you perceive potential deficiency or danger. Maintain long-term mindsets, keeping a practical awareness of short-term necessities.

It was like working in a sweat shop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Express

Pros: Performance based bonuses were nice Cons: Who likes working in a call center? Advice to Senior Management: Help employees learn to love their jobs No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Do not work at Global Corporate Payments.

Manager of Business Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at American Express full-time for less than a year

Pros: The earning potential can be uncapped, benefits are great. Cons: This position is a virtual sales position with little to no support from management. If you're looking for a job where you will spend… Advice to Senior Management: Before you bring out a new product or promotion like Corporate Membership Rewards, understand what it will do to the customer service infrastructure. Communicate… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Express.

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!