American Heart Association
www.heart.org Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Does great work, but was overworked

Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at American Heart Association full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou are helping save lives. There are many departments that allow work from home. There are very talented people working there, many of whom have been there for a long time. Depending on the role, it could be very satisfying. The interview process consists of very long interviews, so be prepared.

ConsThe hours! The workload was never ending and frankly unreasonable. There was no bonuses during my last 2 years due to the economy, and you are reviewed constantly (bi-annually, plus peer reviews, 360 reviews). The workload was due to never ending, understaffed projects.

Good mission but hard to stay inspired

Heart Walk Director (Former Employee)

I worked at American Heart Association full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you work hard, you will be quickly promoted and the pay is relatively competitive for a non-profit. This is a great job for… Cons: They will work you ragged so your passion for the mission dwindles. There… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work for with a great mission

Government Affairs Director (Former Employee)

I worked at American Heart Association full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Know you're making a lasting impact on those affected by heart disease and… Cons: The mission is driven from a national level so work in the communities does not always meet… Advice to Senior Management: Allow more flexibility to meet community needs. Also, there is little career growth or opportunity… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Heart Association.

Worked for American Heart Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Heart Association reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Heart Association CEO Nancy A. Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by American Heart Association employees.