American Marketing and Publishing

www.ampcorporate.com
  www.ampcorporate.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Growing organzation with advancement opportunities!

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement based on top performance. Top comepnsation and benefit packages. Freindly and encourging support from all levels of the organzation.

Cons

The first two weeks in the field is the toughest. However, after the two weeks (learing period) everything runs smootly and your on track to success...

185 Other Employee Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing (View Most Recent)

Steer Clear by all means

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing

Pros

If you REALLY need a job

Cons

As a person who made quota each of the six months I worked there, had 10 years of previous yellow pages experience with the "Utility" book and set a new business record at the time I was there for one of the directories, I was given an ultimatum on a Monday that I "better sell 20 new accounts by Friday or else". My response was, "Or else what?" They fired me on a Tuesday. Best thing that ever happened to me. I hated the job.

You will NOT put the utility company out of business. They don't even know who you are

Account Executives need not apply

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at American Marketing and Publishing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company owners and upper management seem salt of the earth folks you'd love to work alongside. The product , yellow page directory, is a new twist on a old theme but at the price point and the niche they carve out , it can really help small business owners.

Cons

I don't have the answer to how to market this product which really is a great tool for consumers and great opportunity for advertisers. The companies' methods seems to have worked thus far as the company is growing in a declining industry. However, the expectation of 40 sales cold calls per day everyday is unbelievable. Some lying to customers and unethical selling seemed to be going on in the field in an attempt to get ahead under expectations of one call closes and sales everyday.

I wish there was a way to get repeat business and for a rep to work a territory year after year. Moving reps around means there is never a comfort level for a rep who delivers for their clients. Customers seem leery due to the turnover of Reps. The pace is somewhat inhumane, I'm impressed that you find anyone who can average a sales call every few minutes all day, everyday and work the very long hours required.

There are newer employer reviews for American Marketing and Publishing