American Red Cross

There are newer employer reviews for American Red Cross

Overall very positive

Current Employee - PHSS Intern
Current Employee - PHSS Intern

I have been working at American Red Cross as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The mission of the Red Cross is truly inspiring and it makes the organization a wonderful organization to work for.

Cons

Outdated equipment and technology make it harder for employees to do their jobs and decreases efficiency. In addition, lower salaries discourage the most talented and qualified professionals.

779 Other Employee Reviews for American Red Cross (View Most Recent)

Fairly rewarding work/ bad management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I have been working at American Red Cross full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Red Cross possesses an amazing mission and going to work everyday knowing what you do is saving lives is what's kept me here.

Cons

Management expects people to take on 2, 3, even 4 different roles at a time with no salary bump. Their leave policy in my division is this: the only excusable leave is bereavement leave. They are highly lacking in the communication department causing great confusion/frustration. In the past when you worked for a non profit you expected lower wages but the benefits made up for it; this is no longer the case at the Red Cross.

The job market is turning around (albeit slowly) and at some point you are going to need to start treating your employees better. Improve communication.

Great people, great culture, great cause.

I worked at American Red Cross as an intern

Pros

Really enjoyed the company culture; a lot of hands on experience and responsibility. The best part about working for the Red Cross is you know your work is going towards bettering communities around the world.

Cons

The pay is kind of on the low side. I guess that is what is to be expected when you work for a not for profit.

There are newer employer reviews for American Red Cross