There are newer employer reviews for AmerisourceBergen

Overall an ok company to work for

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, large company, and a leader in market place.

Cons

Dificult to find promotional opportunities. Lots of reorg.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employee development.

reviews filtered by
  1. I have more personal space than ever before at a previous retail pharmacy.

Current Employee - PCC in Frisco, TX (US)
    Current Employee - PCC in Frisco, TX (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people are nice. I have my own desk in a cubicle. Also, helping people in need of major pharmaceutical medication for diseases like MS, and cancer.

Cons

All the patient's hang up the phone when they see the caller id come up as a 1-800 #. Most of everyone in the building piles their work onto the PCC. If there is a question of whether it is your responsibility or if someone is pawning their work on you. This company plays favorites and gives no chance of explanation when accused by other employees of things that did not happen. All around, a vague answer has left you still wondering whether you did what you were supposed to or if you're going to get an email sometime down the road stating you are subject to corrective action because someone complained on you in a passive aggressive way and you will never know who did it or what was said.

Advice to Management

Collaborate more with the team on a daily basis to get an overview of what goes on in the department. I would definitely suggest that if you are a manager and your friend is needing a job, do not put them in the same department with the friend as the lead. They will do whatever they want (including not work) and nothing will happen to them.

Now We are Facing Pay Cuts!

Current Employee - Project Management in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Project Management in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Parking lot lighting is adequate.

Cons

We are now facing pay cuts. AmerisourceBergen spent the good part of 2011 and 2012 buying companies from all over the United States and spending a lot of money doing it. Now, to refill the company's coffers they are cutting our salaries. Meanwhile we at Lash Group made 22% more money last year. AmerisourceBergen is handing the money over to Wall Street. buying back billions of its own stocks to raise share prices. These executives get paid in stocks so they have an incentive to do this while taking the money out of our paychecks. Overall we now face a 13% pay cut since this company is increasing the costs of our benefits. Decent companies do not do that especially when they are making billions in profits. But here, they don't even clean the bathrooms and we have flies in the break rooms hovering by the soft drink machines. This is not an employer of choice.

Advice to Management

We have no reason to work harder to make these executives wealthier! We can do these jobs for any call center, any hospital, any med fac in Charlotte. We are slowing down our production and there is nothing you can do about it. Many more are quitting. If you appreciate Wall Street so much, then have them come in and do our jobs. Increasing the costs of our benefits and giving us FAKE pay raises by reducing our punishment bonus and increasing our base salary is an insult. You can't take $1 from the left hand and give it to the right hand and call it found money and tell us to be happy. Your lies have gone far enough! From the looks of it, we will not see a pay increase for 18 months. We have no reason to work here.