AppDynamics

www.appdynamics.com
  www.appdynamics.com
There are newer employer reviews for AppDynamics

An employer that inspires employees

Current Employee - Marketing Manager, Northern Europe in London, England
Current Employee - Marketing Manager, Northern Europe in London, England

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is rare to find a company who believes their mission statement and actively works towards it. They empower their employees, value the company culture AND has a great product to take to market. AppDynamics enables employees to be better than they thought they could be by encouraging team work, collaboration, personal development and integrity.

Cons

Young company so minor administration processes need to be confirmed, however, this also enables employees to have a greater say in how certain procedures would work best for them.

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep communicating. Don't loose the small company feeling.

68 Other Employee Reviews for AppDynamics (View Most Recent)

Contractor

Former Employee - Contractor in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Contractor in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at AppDynamics as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Management was very down to earth, friendly, and capable of cutting through BS. Work-life balance was also good--the focus was on accomplishing whatever tasks had been set.

Cons

This is in some ways a pro, but I actually enjoyed working with every manager I interacted with more than my non-manager level co-workers. Many of my co-workers were surprisingly unfriendly or perhaps simply somewhat socially awkward and uninteresting. This con did not, of course, apply to every coworker, though, and I would still recommend this company.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Yes, it's a tough startup environment. Yes, it is worth it.

Current Employee - Talent in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Talent in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at AppDynamics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Rock solid product offerings
    Top notch co-workers
    You get to move the needle, for real
    Very fast paced
    Opportunity is presented to many people, very frequently.

I work in the talent acquisition department. Contrary to other reviews, I began as a contractor, I filled the hard positions and I received and accepted a full time position. Look, recruiting is tough in this market period. Working for a company that has an appetite for the best in breed will be tougher than average. We all know this and accept the challenge. *This is not a secret*

Cons

Top notch co-workers = you must deliver comparably. Hiring managers don't have time to hand hold.
    You get to move the needle = So, you need to move the needle... All the time.
    The group is run similar to a sales group, precise productivity speaks more than anything.
    Work/life balance can get out of line at times.

Again - *these things are not a secret*