Apple
3.9 of 5 3,097 reviews
www.apple.com Cupertino, CA 5000+ Employees

All employees are over-qualified and stuck working there, due to Apple's hiring process based on personality.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple

ProsIt is a prestigious place to work because the best personalities are hired on.

ConsRetail hierarchy, the corporation holding a carrot in front of your nose incessantly. Laughable wages, and even more bitingly hilarious system for raises.(not based on individual performance and is only once a year. Best wage increase being $.50-$.75 to hope for.)

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is actually impossible to be promoted to management as a Specialist because all the hiring is done based on personality. Managers have entirely different personalites as Specialists, so a Specialist could never aspire towards it; one cannot change their own personallity.

They feed you lies of advancement when there are none

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple

Pros: Apple is the leader in creating innovative and unrivaled products that… Cons: Company-wide, Apple continues to provide low pay for the environment that you work in. There are promises of advancement, but this almost never happens. If,… Advice to Senior Management: The bottom line is to make profit. In your credo, it is highlighted entirely about the customer experience, and one line is dedicated to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

great place

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee)
Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple

Pros: great company, great people, vibrant env Cons: you have to dedicate yourself, its a 24/7 thing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Apple.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Apple employees.