There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Great people

Current Employee - Part Time Specialist in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Part Time Specialist in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The people you work with at the retail level are pretty amazing.

Cons

Even though its a good work environment it's still retail at the end of the day.

Apple's retail arm can sometimes feel like a dead end job. Find away to keep the excitement about working for this company alive as you go forward. Sometimes I feel a little disposable.

3912 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

The Best Alternative

I worked at Apple

Pros

If you have to work retail, I'd highly recommend Apple Retail over the drone services at other electronics stores and other retail outlets...just not as much excitement or that type of personality.

Cons

A lot of internal struggle to be a standout employee, a lot of internal competition.
    A lot of mindless leadership for very minuscule tasks that really have no worth for the overall team or store.

Career advancement and upward mobility

A retail opportunity unlike any other

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Apple

Pros

There are some real opportunities for rapid growth at Apple. There really is. That makes this job, in my opinion, the best retail experience you can have. I came into Apple without ANY retail experience and I'm now confident enough with it that I really could take on any kind of retail sales experience. If you enjoy staying busy, being surrounded with questions coming from many different ways and being part of a company that has arguably the most in-demand technology in the world, Apple is an amazing place to work. With that said, it's a tough place to leave because people end up getting so emotionally connected to the benefits of working for such a profitable, growing and family-oriented company. I love every minute of it.

Cons

Because Apple products are always incredibly innovative and well designed, there is an incredible demand for them. The retail stores are essentially the "face of Apple" therefore they are thee only places many people know to get their Apple products. What this means with a job at Apple is that you will ALWAYS be busy, you will ALWAYS be pressed to work more hours and you will find it VERy difficult to get time off. For instance, I once requested the week BEFORE Thanksgiving off 5 MONTHS in advance, and wasn't approved for it. It's tough but logical. Apple has tried to accomodate by hiring more staff but unfortunately Apple cannot seem to hire enough people as the demand just continues to grows at an unbelievable pace.

Apple retail management does an incredible job of offering what they call "Fearless Feedback" to employees. They also give many opportunities for growth and training internally. There is always more than enough time for both of those items. Like I said before though, the stores stay incredibly busy and it's not going to stop. There needs to be at least 15-20 more people hired per store so that we can stay ahead of the curve and so that we can take care of all customers that need assistance. The real part of Apple retail is customer experience, no sales. It's having your customers leave impressed, all of their questions answered and excited to come back in the future knowing that they'd get the same experience. Recently I've seen a huge decrease in this because there is simply is not enough staff to take care of everyone that needs help. The on again and off again rushes and demand that retail stores see needs to be modified and made consistant with Apples true vision: something that "Just Works". The retail stores work to an extent but the end-to-end customer experience is dwindling fast.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple