There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Apple is great!

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Cupertino, CA (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work! Very good work ethics. Things move too fast to waste time with drama or people who don't contribute… they get fired fast.
From an IT standpoint, you get 100% control of your own system(s)!

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Employee discounts are less than desirable. Because working for Apple is considered "it's own reward" there is a tendency to pay on the lower side of the spectrum. Unfortunately applicants will take the below industry rates just to be at apple.

Never be afraid to say "no".

3758 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Retail: Great place to learn how to deal with all kinds of people

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Basically was life training; the varied interactions (and customers) teach you how to approach lots of different situations. You might become more outgoing as a result of working there. You also get the opportunity to learn a ton about technology. Worth it if you are willing to put the time in.

Cons

Lots of rules, some of which can be broken, but unclear which. There is a bit of a glass ceiling - it can be hard to move up. And there is a lot of ambiguity; sometimes it's not entirely clear what is actually expected of your performance vis a vis with what management is saying.

Try to be consistent in what you are communicating to staff.

Great co-workers, great training, becoming increasingly demanding...

Current Employee - Genius  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Genius in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy my co-workers in Apple Retail. My position is a Technician, perhaps better known as "Genius." The products and services are well aligned to customer needs, and there is no pressure to be "salesy"... we're simply there to help people out with their Apple products.

Cons

Our store was very small and outdated for the demand we face. The managers sometimes forget that our job is customers AND repairs, and lately our scheduling has been abysmal.

Proper scheduling makes this job really fun and engaging, or completely awful. Being able to meet demand and fix customer's issues is where our heart is, and when too many customers flood the store, it makes the experience horrible on both ends.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!