There are newer employer reviews for Apple

totally dissatisfied there's no career

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Roma (Australia)
Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Roma (Australia)

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

they pay on time and the contract is regular

Cons

once they put you the blue t-shirt they forget your previous experience and skills and you can forget any career in this place. You will probably remain there without opportunities. Managers are taken from other companies like jeans or shoes companies instead of letting you grow with time.
(and you could be even and electronic engineer)

Advice to Management

coming from other companies like shoes or fastfood or jeans, judge by yourself

reviews filtered by

Great culture, wonderful co workers, difficult to pursue other interests

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Danbury, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Danbury, CT (US)

I worked at Apple full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and the enthusiasm that the Apple Culture promotes is no lie, people love Apple products and the excitement is contagious. You bond with your co workers and work together to find great solutions for customers.

Cons

The inconsistency in being able to plan your life around Apple pretty much makes Apple your life instead of fostering the creativity that Apple so desires in its employees and fosters in its culture.

Apple Retail Experience

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you get to meet a lot of great people since you are always in the public eye. You get to play with great technology and leran a lot from peers and customers. Employees are a lot of fun and very intelligent and artistic in their own right. The management seems to care about the employees wellbeing generally

Cons

As a full time job you don't get paid nearly what you're worth. You often have to deal with insane amounts of ambiguity and constant changes. You are expected to give your life for the company, which can become increasingly difficult if you have another full time job.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to corporate. As a company that can solve the national deficit it would be nice to be treated as though we werent so easily expendable. Yes I know that because it's a job a lot of college students/grads go for, which means they will take lower pay, however it's a bit insulting to those of us who have been there a while and have families. Back in the day Apple positions were very highly sought after because they paid much better and the retention rate was higher. Times have certainly changed and it's very unfortunate. Now it seems as though people only use Apple as a stepping stone for a job they really want.