There are newer employer reviews for Apple

A flexible position with great benefits!

Former Employee - Campus Representative
Former Employee - Campus Representative

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mentorship with some of the best individuals in the field

Cons

Not as many hours as I would of liked, but managers usually allow for more

reviews filtered by
  1. Great people, interesting views, still a regular corporate company

Former Employee - Back of House Specialist in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Back of House Specialist in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Apple part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people there are amazing and it is really easy to make friends. You find that you fall into a niche somewhere within the store. You never have to work overnight, and there is always a lot of free food

Cons

It's still a retail company, and even though they like to lure you in with the "We're different than other companies, we don't have a lot of levels to go through" you still have to deal with all the corparate nonsense that goes along with it - Example: I loved working there, was a hard worker and ended up clocking in 1 minute late one day. That added to a couple days I'd taken off earlier in the year ended up with me having to go into review and ultimately being let go.

Advice to Management

Don't pretend to be friends. You either are or are not, but you are still a manager and you need to do your job.

2. Love the people, was okay with the crowds, despised the rate of pay.

Former Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Skokie, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Creative (Apple Store) in Skokie, IL (US)

I worked at Apple full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Felt like I was getting paid to befriend and teach some amazing people. I loved the products since the 80s and the environment was electric, exciting and there was a lot of love at my store despite 3 management changes in 4 years.

Cons

The richest company in the world made over 50 billion while I worked there and paid poverty. As a part time Specialist working 30+ hours, I was rewarded by qualifying for an earned income tax credit. The quality of the Specialist staff seemed to decrease. HR seemed to be moving away from hiring "Apple Fanboys/girls" who brought a wealth of knowledge to the table, to more of an Ex-Gap/Ex-BestBuy who are learning on the fly.

Advice to Management

Increase pay for increased quality of workers. This is a job not a Career (w/ a capital "C"). We want to be able to afford the products AND a family who can live in a comfortable little house. Too much to ask?