Apple

www.apple.com
  www.apple.com
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

Best Employer I've Had So Far.

Current Employee - Specialist in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Specialist in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training, excellent benefits, fun environment, interesting coworkers

Cons

Poor communication, and training is impossible off-the-clock, unclear pathway to advancement or moving from Retail to Corporate.

4077 Other Employee Reviews for Apple (View Most Recent)

Great culture, except for the Contact Centre ethos

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gym, health screenings, employee purchase plans, equipment is top notch, on-site mailroom is handy. Culture is informal yet fast-paced, innovation encouraged

Cons

The contact centre feels more and more like a call centre each day - also the opportunities for growth and career development are becoming more and more scarce

To maximise employee retention and productivity, invest as much capital and time in the contact centre employees as is invested in employees of other departments.

Great store to work at, albeit very busy, management could be better.

Current Employee - Specialist in Garden City, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Garden City, NY (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance. WageWorks commuter card, bike subsidies, numerous third party product discounts, and of course Apple product discounts as well.

An amazing team of talented and friendly employees who are amazing to work with.

Open communication is always encouraged and management is usually willing to listen to complaints and suggestions from employees.

Cons

Management is often times clumsy in their duties. Schedules do not get completed on time, vacations or time off can easily get rejected, managers are not always there when you need them. They are constantly changing role as to their responsibilities and the teams they manage. Most managers are not promoted internally, but rather recruited from other stores.

Give us the hours we ask for. Give those employees asking for full-time, full-time positions. Hire more people to make up for the number of employees who leave and stop being stingy with overtime. I know this is handed down from corporate, but you have to talk back because corporate ca'nt see what's going on in the store, management can.

There are newer employer reviews for Apple