AroundCampus
www.aroundcampusgroup.com Chapel Hill, NC 50 to 149 Employees

Not what I was promised at the interview.

Independent Sales Contractor (Former Employee)

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

ProsI met some very nice students and worked with an amazing team. Really liked the training we got before the sales internship started.

ConsMy manager did not know much about my territory. I was in a "dangerous" environment, walking around and trying to sell. The territories were supposed to be divided evenly so everyone had a fair share, but they were not. It was extremely hot, we had no central location to meet and got parking tickets because we were downtown, very little assistance or aid after we started. I was never told we would be doing cold calls.....

Advice to Senior ManagementDefinitely spend more time looking into the territories you are sending students out to. The pay is not enough for the time and dedication this job takes on a daily basis. Maybe have a regional manager work with students during the first week, or someone who has done the internship before and was successful. Try to keep moral up. The hardest part was making it through the hot summer days dealing with rude customers.

I enjoyed my summer working there because I loved the people, but I don't think I walked away with good experience

Customer Relations Service Intern (Former Employee)
Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great customer service experience Gain an understanding of sales without having to do… Cons: Low pay Frustrating because others may put in less effort and… Advice to Senior Management: Hire less interns and pay more... they will get the work done. There is a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unbelievable Opportunity

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern for less than a year

Pros: You learn a lifetime of relationship building and sales skills. If you work hard and do well,… Cons: It is a B2B sales internship. Since you are speaking with and presenting to business owners and marketing directors, it can be very difficult. You… Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AroundCampus.

Worked for AroundCampus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AroundCampus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AroundCampus CEO John O'Brien. All reviews posted anonymously by AroundCampus employees.