There are newer employer reviews for Arrow Electronics

Excellent work experience, with varied and challenging responsibilities

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work. Excellent mamnagement, and the company cares about people, recognizing that people do make a difference. This leads to competitive advantage, which adds to growth and success.

Cons

The macro environment in this industry is changing, causing the company to have to change with it. It is a very competitive, tough environment now, where excellence callot be rewarded as well as before. Not the company's fault, it is just that the industry is changing.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job managing change and balancing success, profit and staff. I would not know how to do it better.

reviews filtered by

Unbiased review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strategy to expand beyond normal distribution.

Cons

Bell curved employee annual reviews...which are used to give performance raises.
    Work from home flexibility non existent at this location, very much a corporate office mentality.
    Integration of purchased companies lacking.
    UNITY project (one global system) now 3 years and millions of dollars past due.

Advice to Management

Millions spent on branding and commercials that are seen ... Where? Employee town halls? The ROI appears small.
    No transparency...do as I say not as I do atmosphere. IE no trips, expenses, but exceptions are made daily. Stop putting out mandates and immediately providing work arounds. It's either yes or no.
    Sabbaticals and ESOP ended for 'normal' employees. No explanation if ESOP ended for the chairman and CEO and balance of the board of directors.
    Retain good talent and pay market value. Rate managers on their churn, including HR managers.

Squeeze you for all your worth; throw you away - at any cost.

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time

Pros

Co workers are awesome - great talent pool!!

Cons

Sharks with very questionable morals with respect to what is "the right thing to do". It's all about the $ and not the people. There have literally been people who worked themselves to death trying to handle the workload with very little in return. This is a cash-cow and there is not a significant overall interest in the employees (despite the fascade generated through training - it isn't put to work) In general, this company wants you to live-to-work NOT work-to-live and in most cases, the compensation is unfufilling at best and terrible in most cases, gased upon the huge workload.

They keep piling on the work until you say "whoa'; caution - saying "whoa" automatically means you are no longer an asset.

Advice to Management

Reasonable expectations.